Machine Learning Engineer (Remote, India)
Pulse Labs is the premier user research, measurement, and analytics solution for developers, designers, and platforms creating the next generation of human-computer interfaces (HCI). The increasing prevalence of voice integrated technology in the home, the car, and portable devices is changing how people interact, and expect to interact, with technology. Pulse Labs works closely with the major platforms (Amazon, Google, etc.) as they create this new technology, as well as with application developers from top brands across many verticals that are building on these platforms, to help make their work great through feedback and data from real world users.
This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial position for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment and who is energised by solving hard, complex problems. As part of the core engineering team, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to build a world-class, crowd sourced, SaaS platform to facilitate quicker innovation and faster growth for the world of HCI in the connected cars, home, phone and wearable. Using cutting edge technologies, you will build the end-to-end system comprising of:
- High performance and reliable edge devices to capture data
- Low latency SDKs to upload the high frequency interaction data
- Analytics using a distributed and concurrent systems hosted on secure cloud
- Highly scalable APIs to externalize our core analytics.
The candidate will have a tremendous opportunity to help shape the company's strategic direction through the design, implementation and maintenance of the software in its early days. And most importantly an opportunity to be part of a fun and inclusive team as we shape the future of Human Computer Interfaces.
- Designing and deploying data acquisition and sanitization techniques for real world data
- Design and prototype ML models to perform tagging and classification of videos to validate model / data
- Convert prototypes into production worthy, high performance prediction models that work on live data
- Working in conjunction with the rest of the development team, you will architect and build highly performant, scalable and extensible external APIs
- Collaborate with customers and internal stakeholders, at all levels, to continuously improve our product in a measured data-driven approach
- Learn quickly, adapt, and invent based on changing company needs and priorities
- Contribute to code reviews, tech talks, innovation drives and patents
- Masters in a computer science or other quantitative field
- 2-5 years relevant experience in customer facing software development
- Excellent fundamentals of Linear Algebra and Statistics
- Strong grasp of various Deep Learning topics such as CNN, NLP, NLU, LSTM, transfer learning, semi-supervised, hyper-parameter tuning, etc…
- Proficiency in a major programming language like Python, C, C++ or similar
- Very comfortable with any one of ML libraries such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc…
- Passion to stay up to date with cutting edge research and push the boundaries of AI
- Ability to exercise autonomy rather than needing detailed direction and proactively get things done
- PhD in a computer science or other quantitative field
- Working knowledge of version control systems like GIT
- Good command of Data Structures and Algorithms and Object Oriented Programming
- Comfortable building and deploying web services, especially using RESTful architecture
- Proficiency building unit and performance tests to ensure reliability and scalability
- Familiarity with frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc… and deploying them on cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, etc…
- Familiarity with Databases such as MongoDB and MySQL is a plus
Why work with us
- A small collaborative and excited team
- We value autonomy, allowing you to choose the configuration that makes you most productive
- Able to work remotely anywhere from India
- We love ideas, innovation and experiments!
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
If you think you’re the person for whom we’re looking, email us and let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a cover letter and your resume, and specify you’re applying for the Machine Learning Engineer position. We look forward to hearing from you!
< Go back to Jobs