Operations Device Specialist (Salt Lake City, Utah)
Pulse Labs is the premier user research, measurement, and analytics solution for developers, designers, and platforms creating the next generation of human-computer interfaces with smart devices. The increasing prevalence of smart devices, IoT, and voice integrated technology in the home, the car, and portable devices is changing how people interact with technology. Pulse Labs works closely with the major platforms (Amazon, Google, etc.) as they create this new technology, as well as with developers from top brands, to help make their technology great through feedback and data from real world users.
Pulse Labs seeks an analytical, driven, and detail-oriented Operations Device Specialist to own our smart device inventory process, including shipping and receiving, device maintenance, removing panelist data from devices, and providing customer support to panelists that are using our devices for testing. We’re looking for a motivated self-starter who identifies needs and finds the solutions, and who will make sure panelists get top-notch support.
Note: This role will require about 1-2 days a week in-person in our Salt Lake City office to process device shipments.
You will be the first person in this role, and so you will have a lot of input into how our device program is built and the processes that are put in place!
- Catalog and track location and status of smart devices sent to panelists for usability testing.
- Manage communication with panelists around device shipments, troubleshooting device issues, and other device support needs.
- Work with the operations team to plan device allocation for upcoming usability studies, and communicate about device status, including forecasting availability.
- Implement and improve device tracking processes to help us maintain device inventory and plan for new device acquisition.
- Provide the product and engineering team with feedback about opportunities for automation or software integration to reduce manual processes required for device management.
- Contribute to general operations process improvements and change management for new feature releases.
- Quickly learn how to fill new operations needs as they come up.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with shipping and receiving packages and/or tracking devices for an IT team
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and analytical skills, and experience with Google Docs, Google Sheets or similar products
- Strong spreadsheet skills
- Experience writing and executing SQL and/or Mongo database queries
- Background in IT, logistics, or inventory management
- Experience working with smart devices and new technologies
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Comfortable working in a frequently changing, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify that you are applying for the Operations Device Specialist position. We look forward to hearing from you!
< Go back to Jobs