Software Engineer (Remote, India)
Pulse Labs is the premier user research, measurement, and analytics solution for developers, designers, and platforms creating the next generation of human-computer interfaces (HCI). The increasing prevalence of voice integrated technology in the home, the car, and portable devices is changing how people interact, and expect to interact, with technology. Pulse Labs works closely with the major platforms (Amazon, Google, etc.) as they create this new technology, as well as with application developers from top brands across many verticals that are building on these platforms, to help make their work great through feedback and data from real world users.
This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial position for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment and who is energised by solving hard, complex problems. As part of the core engineering team, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to build a world-class, crowd sourced, SaaS platform to facilitate quicker innovation and faster growth for the world of HCI in the connected cars, home, phone and wearable. Using cutting edge technologies, you will build the end-to-end system comprising of:
- High performance and reliable edge devices to capture data
- Low latency SDKs to upload the high frequency interaction data
- Analytics using a distributed and concurrent systems hosted on secure cloud
- Highly scalable APIs to externalize our core analytics.
The candidate will have a tremendous opportunity to help shape the company's strategic direction through the design, implementation and maintenance of the software in its early days. And most importantly an opportunity to be part of a fun and inclusive team as we shape the future of Human Computer Interfaces.
- Design, implement and maintain software to the demanding standards of a real time, highly concurrent distributed system.
- Working in conjunction with the rest of the development team, you will architect and build highly performant, scalable and extensible external APIs
- Collaborate with customers and internal stakeholders, at all levels, to continuously improve our product in a measured data-driven approach
- Learn quickly, adapt, and invent based on changing company needs and priorities
- Contribute to code reviews, tech talks, innovation drives and patents
- Bachelors in a computer science or other quantitative field
- 2-5 years relevant experience in customer facing software development
- Proficiency in a major programming language like Java, JS, C++, C# or similar
- Excellent command over data structures and algorithms, object oriented design and system design
- Passionate about building distributed and concurrent systems
- Ability to exercise autonomy rather than needing detailed direction and proactively get things done
- Working knowledge of version control systems like GIT
- Comfortable building and deploying web services, especially using RESTful architecture
- Experience with large database systems and query languages
- Proficiency building unit and performance tests to ensure reliability and scalability
- Experience with one or more of Spring, MongoDB, MySQL, Angular, Flutter
- Research or Industry experience in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning (ML) models, Natural Language Processing or Deep Learning is a plus
- Knowledge of real time audio and video streaming is a plus
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCP is a plus
Why work with us
- A small collaborative and excited team
- We value autonomy, allowing you to choose the configuration that makes you most productive
- Able to work remotely anywhere from India
- We love ideas, innovation and experiments!
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
If you think you’re the person for whom we’re looking, email us and let us know at email@example.com. Please provide a cover letter and your resume, and specify you’re applying for the Software Engineer position. We look forward to hearing from you!
< Go back to Jobs