User Experience Researcher (Salt Lake City, Utah)
Pulse Labs is the premier user research, measurement, and analytics solution for developers, designers,
and platforms creating the next generation of human-computer interfaces. The increasing prevalence of
voice integrated technology in the home, the car, and portable devices is changing how people interact,
and expect to interact, with technology. Pulse Labs works closely with the major platforms
(Amazon, Google, etc…) as they create this new technology, as well as with application developers
building on these platforms, to help make their work great through feedback and data from real world users.
We’re looking for a User Experience Researcher (UXR) who can independently lead and manage
user research projects on critical products for major clients. This is a senior position that requires
a strong background in conducting user experience research, and preparing the results of that research
for presentation and use by customers and their product teams. In this role, you will create understanding
and empathy around user needs for customer product teams that include designers, product managers,
engineers, and other UXRs.
- Define and lead the Pulse Labs user experience research strategy.
- Dive deep in both qualitative and quantitative data to bring forward new insights that generate product innovations.
- Uncover insightful and actionable research results that drive tactical and strategic product decisions.
- Design and conduct research using appropriate methodologies from fields like anthropology, human-computer interaction (HCI), human factors, psychology, or sociology.
- Examine and interpret customer product designs to provide guidance to product teams and generate hypotheses.
- Collaborate with customers and internal stakeholders, at all levels, to define useful measures/metrics and evaluate user experience at scale.
- Communicate complex research findings in a convincing and actionable manner for audiences that include non-technical peers, research experts, and executives.
- Work with the Pulse Labs product and engineering team to continuously improve our product based on data from customers, testers, and internal users.
- Learn quickly, adapt, and invent based on changing company needs and priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in anthropology, human-computer interaction (HCI), human factors, psychology, sociology, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience leading research initiatives from end-to-end in a product environment.
- Hands-on experience with: concept testing, ethnographic research, diary studies, survey design, remote user testing, and usage of multiple methods within a study.
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: study plans, reports, and data visualizations).
- MA/MS or PhD in a related field.
- 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a variety of product spaces, applied research and/or academic settings.
- Expertise in communicating user research findings with cross functional partners, senior stakeholders, and executives to drive impact.
- Understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
If you think you’re the person for whom we’re looking, email us and let us know at
email@example.com. Please provide a
cover letter and your resume, and specify you’re applying for the
User Experience Researcher position.
We look forward to hearing from you!
< Go back to Jobs