What exactly do Pulse Labs panelists do?
Our testers are invited to interact with a variety of voice applications through our web platform. In most cases, you’ll be asked to navigate naturally through the voice application, try asking certain questions, then provide feedback about your experience.
Is this a full time job?
No. Pulse Labs testing is not a full time job. It is, however, a way to earn some extra spending money from your home.
How often will I be invited to test?
We usually send out testing invitations via email a few times a week. Act quickly, as tests open for a limited time and close when we have all the responses we need.
How much do tests pay?
Payment varies between $10-$100, depending on test duration and complexity. Shorter tests that take 15-60 minutes range from $10-$20. Complex or multi-day tests can pay up to $100. Please note that all test sessions go through a quality assurance review, and payment may be reduced for low-quality tests where instructions were not followed, or if survey feedback was not thorough enough. We also pay bonuses for exceptional feedback!
How and when will I be paid?
Payments are sent out via Paypal about 7-10 business days after test completion. If you do not already have one, you will need to create a Paypal account in order to receive payment. Paypal fees are usually covered by Pulse Labs, but in rare cases, these fees may take a few cents off of your earnings.
How can I make sure my tests meet your quality standards?
• Test whether your equipment is working properly. If Alexa or Google can't hear you, they can't reply!
• Always read instructions thoroughly before each test and make sure to follow directions regarding what we'd like you to ask.
• Take a moment to think honestly about what the app did well and how it could be improved before you write your feedback. We’re paying you for substantive, critical, and thoughtful responses.
What do I need to be a panelist?
We’re looking for testers who are excited about new voice technologies and eager to give substantive, critical, and constructive feedback about new voice applications.
You’ll need the following equipment:
• You will need a desktop or laptop computer with the Chrome web browser
• An Alexa or Google Assistant-enabled smartspeaker OR the Alexa or Google Assistant app on your smartphone
Sounds like me! When can I get started?
Right away! You can sign up to join our tester panel here.
Help! I’m logged in but can’t find any information about my tests!
That’s perfectly normal! We’re working on adding test and payment tracking information as soon as we can! We’ll let you know when this happens, but for now, please continue to look for test invitations and payment notifications in your email inbox.
Use the chat bubble at the bottom right to talk to our support team, or send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.